This will be long. I’m covering a whole month here folks!
Thanks to Brooke Lambert & for Jared's cell phone for many of these photos.
I feel so lame that it’s been a month. Honestly I thought I’d updated this month at least once but I guess my vivid dreams have tricked me once again.
Today marks 6 weeks left in my prego world. Then the real fun begins…ball & chain livin’ baby! At least they aren’t small forever, right? I love the babies, but I sure love when they aren’t attached to me night & day. This little bean is growing out of her living quarters & is letting me know it. What a weird sensation it is to be kicked on both hips & in the ribs at the same time, followed by a beating to the bladder & other internal organs. Sometimes I randomly gasp & freak Jared or the girls out but man, this tiny thing can really pack a punch. She’s nothing like her oldest sister was though. Liv was an acrobat! I have a feeling this daughter will be quite mellow but not good at night. That’s my prediction.
The biggest events of the month…
Liv finished preschool at USU Child Development Lab. Here she is with Owen Lambert & Eliza Sanders her carpooling buddies & a shot of her on the playground riding the trike. Jakey Lambert is doing a Jakey move in the background. I love that kid.
Mothers Day. We celebrated both Sunday & Monday. Sunday we headed to Salt Lake to be with Jared’s mom, dad, Blake, & Bailey. I was in severe pain due to a pulled muscle in my left shoulder but it was nice to spend the afternoon in beautiful sunshine with my two girls & husband. We went to Liberty Park & Memory Grove park.
Monday Dallas organized a BBQ for my mom & our sibs. Brower chicken is always a favorite & I provided 15 boxes of jello made into finger jello. We had leftovers.
Actually that same Monday morning I spent the whole AM booked into Labor & Delivery. The pain in my neck got so severe that I headed for the emergency room. I guess they can’t treat big prego people so they admitted me into Labor & Delivery. So unnecessary. Anyway, they sent me home 4 hours later with a prescription for Lortab & muscle relaxers. They did the trick but I decided to see a chiropractor too & have been doing that 2 times a week since.
May 16th was our big surprise B-day for dad who turned 60. Mom sequestered Dad downstairs for some unnecessary business & we packed 60 people into the living room to scare the pants off of him. He was first surprised, then very happy. You can’t fake that smile! All my sibs & their families were here except Maren who had to stay in Vegas for work. There always seems to be someone missing. We had a TON of food & visited for hours on end. All of the sudden it was 8 hours later & time to go. My favorite part of the day was Gary’s video presentation of dad’s life so far. I think I’ve watched it 100+ times as my kids love it too.
Monday, Dad lost his memory while climbing a tree to trim it. After a freaky night at the hospital it was determined that he had suffered from Transient Global Amnesia & is doing much better now. When I was telling the girls about it, I think I said something about Dad losing his mind but that he was okay now. Evelyn piped up something about buying a new one at the store & Liv asked where he found it. I thought it was hilarious & almost had to pull the car over to finish laughing. Their logic reminded me of those books by Tom Arnold called “Parts.” Maybe those books aren’t so funny to kids but more to adults.
We’ve also been redoing our upstairs with the help of my boy sibs (mainly Dave) & Dad, & Margo who painted everything. We turned the toy room into a nursery, switched bedrooms with the girlies, carpeted & repainted. Margo & Lynn got the girls new bunk beds & made these amazing bedspreads. During the whole process I felt like my world had been turned upside-down. The girls did too & started making comments about it not feeling like home anymore. But it’s nearly done now & I can’t believe how much more quiet the carpeted rooms are! They used to be hardwood. I will take photos soon but my point & shoot’s battery is dead & I’ve lost the charger for it. My big dog camera isn’t a wide enough angle.
Last night after finishing a photo shoot with Doug & Darci’s kids & before putting the camera away, I took some photos of the girls in the backyard. I love summer/springtime in the evening. The sun is so warm & golden. Liv was jumping with her daddy on the tramp & after the last shot was taking complained considerably of an injured neck. I had her adjusted at the chiropractor this morning. She had 3 vertebrae out of alignment. She LOVED the cracking & massage. I’ve created a monster!
We got a rebate from a phone purchase & Jared said, “Let’s use it!” so we got tickets to “UP” in 3D & it was EXCELLENT! I highly recommend this clean flick. We also went to Olive Garden with a great coupon & discovered that if you play Tom & Jerry cartoons on You Tube through Jared’s phone that the kids are quiet & we can eat in peace. A new & great discovery! We’ll never need a babysitter again…yeah right. It was a great weekend.
So I guess you should all know that Jared found out a couple of weeks back that his boss doesn’t think he has enough experience for his job. He feels “really bad” about Jared even being hired for the job because he really wasn’t the right guy in the first place but the dude that hired him didn’t know what the company was really looking for. They are sorry & know it is their fault & wish they had a position for Jared because he is such a good employee but no…instead “You’re being laid off by July 15th & here is your replacement. Train him.” It’s been a real struggle for Jared, as you can imagine, training his replacement & going to work every day knowing he is pretty much dead weight. Our experience at this job as far as jobs go has been good because Jared has learned a ton but the boss has been a real idiot & not treated Jared very well. I don’t know what we’ll do but I suppose one nice thing about it is when we have this baby Jared will be home more. Now if we can only figure out how to afford to live!
So, every day of great weather & sunshine is dampened by the undertone of sadness & worry. Time will tell what we’ll do. For now, we are trying to figure it out. Jared is considering resurrecting JK Accounting & perhaps getting more education. He’s also mulling over the idea of becoming an EA which is pretty much the same as a CPA but recognized across state lines & the IRS likes EA’s more than CPA’s. He also has a few contacts he’s going to send his resume to but they aren’t in Cache Valley. Worry!

No comments:
Post a Comment